Last updated: February 16, 2017
Skout is owned and operated by MeetMe, Inc. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Poicy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you create a profile on Skout, your information will be visible to users of our MeetMe mobile application, and may be visible to other applications we own, such as Flurv and Boy Ahoy. You may opt out of this feature in your Settings tab.
If you are under the age of 13, you may not download or use Skout. We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from children under age 13.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect different types of information about you and your activities. We collect information when you register, log into, and use Skout, including the features you use, the pages and screens you visit, and the information you enter, such as chats. All information collected in any way is referred to collectively in this Policy as "Information." All Information is currently processed and stored on our servers, on a content distribution network, or within Amazon Web Services. The specific examples in the following bullets are not meant to be exhaustive.
- We get and record information from your device or browser, including your mobile device identification (ADID, device ID, etc.), IP address, cookie and beacon information, and geographic location.
- We collect information about the features you use, the pages and screens you visit, and your transactions with us and with our partners, vendors, and advertisers, including information about your use of products offered through Skout. We and our third-party partners (such as advertising and infrastructure partners) may access your chats and postings. We do this to improve your experience on Skout, to target ads, and for safety and law enforcement purposes.
- Third Parties. When you download or register for Skout by or through a third party platform we may also access and/or collect certain information from your third party platform account or by cookies placed on your device by such third party site. For example, if you create your Skout account using Facebook, we may use the following information from Facebook to establish your Skout account: your email address, hometown, gender, profile photo, date of birth, friends list and userID. If you want us to delete the data we receive from a third party platform about you, please submit a request to email@example.com.
- We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as blogs and instant messaging services, and other users of Skout.
As indicated above, we may provide you with the option to connect your Skout account to your account on a social networking site for the purpose of logging in, uploading information or enabling certain features on the Service. By connecting your Skout account to your account on any social networking site, you consent to the continuous release of information about you from the social networking site to Skout while the accounts remain connected.
We collect the following information when you use Skout’s chat feature: the text of your chat session, any pictures you’ve shared in the chat session and a timestamp. We and our third-party partners (such as advertising and infrastructure partners) may access your chats. We do this to improve your experience on Skout, for advertising purposes, and for safety and law enforcement purposes.
In addition to the geographic Information collected when you log in, we automatically receive an approximation of your geographic location when you use Skout. When you use Skout on a mobile device, you can allow Skout to receive your more precise location by enabling or disabling location services through your mobile device settings. In addition, as with most location-enabled applications, we and our third-party partners may access your location any time your device is on, whether or not you are logged-in to Skout.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We may use Information for the following purposes:
- to administer our mobile applications and websites and provide our services or information you request;
- to process and complete any transactions;
- to promote Skout in general;
- to provide you with advertising and marketing;
- to identify your general location to other Skout users, if you choose to enable this feature;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to provide you with additional points and rewards from watching video advertisements, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to monitor and analyze user behavior and trends;
- to track visitor movement and activity in the aggregate (for example, to give us information about what parts of the websites users are visiting);
- to personalize and improve Skout products and features and your experiences when you use Skout, such as providing content or features that match your profile, location or interests;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
- help prevent fraud or other misuse;
- to register you with and display your profile on other websites and applications owned by MeetMe, Inc., including MeetMe, BoyAhoy, and Flurv;
- to connect with your friends (when instructed by you); and
- for any other stated purpose for which the Information was collected.
In addition, we may use your email address to send you emails for both transactional (e.g., confirmation of or issues with Skout) and promotional purposes (e.g., newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications and third-party offers). Email messages we send to you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the emails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, please see the section in each email labeled "Choice/Opt-Out".
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
We may share Information as follows:
- with in-app advertisers or advertising networks for the purpose of providing advertising to you within Skout or advertising Skout in other locations;
- with analytics providers for the purpose of analyzing user data;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of our site or our services;
- anonymous or aggregate data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Skout, our users, or others; and
What Information Can the Other Users See?
A main purpose of using Skout is to meet and interact with new people. The information you enter in your profile, including your backstage pics, your location (if you enable that feature), photos you upload to your profile, and virtual gifts you receive, are visible to all Skout users within your age category. Other Skout users may also see the fact that you have viewed their Skout profiles.
Any text and images you send to a chat recipient will be visible to that recipient. Skout also has "backstage pics," which are pictures posted by a user on his or her profile. Backstage pics can be seen by another user if he or she pays with Skout points to "unlock" another user’s backstage pics. There is no explicit acceptance by a user posting backstage pics required in order to let another user view the backstage pics. Our policy is to review all public pictures. If the picture is rejected, that picture or link will not be published.
How Do We Use Your Information for Advertising and Analytics?
We may allow advertisers and analytics providers to collect your non-identifying Information (or identifying information in hashed, non-human readable form) within the Service and they may share it with us. Such information is collected for the purpose of delivering relevant, personalized advertisement or content on Skout and the websites or applications of third parties. Our partners may use the shared information (i) to evaluate the nature of the connection across your devices, browsers, or applications; (ii) to assess the suitability of your desktop or mobile device for interest- or demographic-based content; (iii) to provide information and inferences about user interests to third parties; and (iv) to develop insights and reports relating to the presentation of customized advertisements or content, including statistical reports in connection with activity on a website, optimization of ad placement and performance, development of reach and frequency metrics, billing activities, and tracking ads served on a particular day to a particular website. Our partners may also combine shared information with additional non-identifying information collected from other sources to enhance these activities. Advertisers may collect your Information through the use of tracking technologies such as browser cookies and web beacons. The Information collected may be used to offer advertisements of particular interest to you and to analyze your activity within the Service to improve your experience.
When we purchase advertising space on a mobile platform, we share a list of Unique Device Identifiers and other device ID information with the ad networks with which we are interacting. Ad networks use this information to match the list of identifiers with identifiers they can confirm have downloaded or installed our Service through an advertisement. When we sell advertising space on the mobile platform, ad networks may collect the following user Information in order to provide advertising of interest to you: IP address, http: header information, location (including longitude/latitude), age, gender and unique device IDs. We do not provide to ad networks names, user names, phone numbers, or email addresses. We also use third parties such as Flurry and MixPanel to collect and analyze your Information. You can opt-out of Flurry Analytics tracking at http://www.flurry.com/user-opt-out.html. We use Google Analytics to track your visits to our websites.
Links to Other Sites
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
While we take measures to protect your Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration, despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify certain Information that you provided to us that is associated with your account by logging in and editing your profile information on Skout. Note that you may not modify your location Information, which is automatically collected.
You may "opt out" of receiving marketing or promotional emails and push notifications from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, you will still receive emails from us, about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
Deactivating Your Account and Deleting Account Information
You can deactivate your account by selecting the "deactivate" link. Deactivating your account lets you remove your profile without permanently deleting it. When you deactivate your account, other users will no longer see your profile or Information. We reserve the right, but are not required, to permanently delete your Information if you do not reactivate your account within 60 days of deactivation.
If you are located outside the United States, please note that we may transfer your Information to the United States (or any other country in which we operate) and process it there. By using Skout, you consent to the collection, transfer, use, storage and disclosure of your Information as described in this Policy.
Our Policy Toward Children
Our service is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal Information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal Information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such Information from our files as soon as possible.
Changes to the Policy
We want user interactions to be safe on Skout. Read about our commitment to online safety at www.socialsafety.org If you are a member of our teen community, Skout encourages you to discuss with your parent(s) or guardian(s) online safety issues for all of your social media memberships, including your Skout account.
Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Policy, Skout reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any Information that you submit to Skout, if in its sole opinion, Skout suspects or has reason to suspect, that the Information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, elder abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that Skout, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Policy.
Mail: MeetMe, Inc.
100 Union Square Drive
New Hope, PA 18938
Att’n: Legal Department